South Africa vs New Zealand Preview | World Cup 2023

South Africa vs New Zealand Preview

In the 32nd Match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, two heavy-weights will clash at Pune on 1st November 2023. Both sides are in a good position and need this win to confirm their chances of going into the next round. Following is the New Zealand vs South Africa Preview of Match 32 of the World Cup.

South Africa vs New Zealand Today Match Preview

South Africa is currently at the 2nd spot in the Points Table of the World Cup 2023. They have 10 points right now and if they win another, they will almost get a confirmation with 12 points for the semi-final. South Africa defeated Pakistan in their last game by just 1 wicket and they are on a win streak of 3 games.

The Kiwis have a little problem. They have lost 2 games in a row including a narrow defeat against Australia by 5 runs. If they lose another, their semi-final spot will be in danger.

Chasing is a good option at Pune. In both the games played here, the first innings score was under 260 and it was chased in both games. If bowling is in good areas, the track can assist the bowlers. Batting is comparatively easier under the lights. Both teams have good chasing strength so both would look to bowl first.

South Africa will be favorites to win this game based on their good form and excellent batting and pace attack.

South Africa Expected Lineup

It will be interesting to see whether South Africa brings back Rabada or not. Shamsi bowled really well against Pakistan and his variety could be very useful but Rabada being on the bench does not sound well either. Keshav Maharaj might have to sit out for Rabada.

(Probable XI): 1 Temba Bavuma (C), 2 Quinton de Kock (wk), 3 Rassie van der Dussen, 4 Aiden Markram, 5 Heinrich Klaasen, 6 David Miller, 7 Marco Jansen, 8 Keshav Maharaj/Kagiso Rabada, 9 Tabraiz Shamsi, 10 Gerald Coetzee, 11 Lungi Ngidi

New Zealand Expected Playing XI

New Zealand are likely to retain the same lineup.

(Probable XI): 1 Will Young, 2 Devon Conway, 3 Rachin Ravindra, 4 Tom Latham (C, wk), 5 Daryl Mitchell, 6 Glenn Phillips, 7 Mitchell Santner, 8 Jimmy Neesham, 9 Matt Henry, 10 Trent Boult, 11 Lockie Ferguson

Players to Watch-out For

For the Kiwis, Daryl Mitchell, Rachin Ravindra and Glenn Phillips will be key. Mitchell and Ravindra have scored a tremendous amount of runs while Phillips has been brilliant with the bat and he is the golden arm with the ball. In a high run-scoring game against Australia where they posted 388, Phillips had the figures of 3/38 in 10 overs. So he will be a very good option with the ball.

Aiden Markram is a crucial batter of the Proteas. Although Heinirch Klaasen, Quinton de Kock, and David Miller are also in good rhythm but Markram has batted well in tough situations. In their one-wicket win against Pakistan, Markram top-scored with 91. If Tabraiz Shamsi plays, then he will be a threat to the Kiwis too. Shamsi’s variety of left arm finger spin is something to be afraid of in these conditions. Shamsi was also MOTM in the last game so that Adrenalin would be pumping.

South Africa vs New Zealand Toss Prediction

South Africa will begin as favorites in this game with a 60% chance of winning while the Kiwis will have a 40% chance.

Sri Lanka vs Netherlands Win Prediction

The Toss is likely to go South Africa’s way and they will opt to bowl first.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *