Pakistan vs South Africa Preview | World Cup 2023

Pakistan vs South Africa Preview

The 26th Match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 will be played between Pakistan and South Africa in Chennai. The Match is on Friday, 27th October 2023. South Africa are ranked 2nd at the Points Table while Pakistan is ranked 5th. Following is the Pakistan vs South Africa Preview of their match in world cup 2023.

Pakistan vs South Africa Match Preview

The fixture is extremely crucial for Pakistan. They are on 3 match losing streak right now and if they lose another, it will be almost all over for them in the world cup 2023. Pakistan have played their last game in Chennai, against Afghanistan in which they suffered a shocking defeat. Pakistan surely knows how the pitch behaves, but their bowling is out of form and that is hurting them a lot.

The Proteas on the other hand have had a brilliant campaign so far. They have won 4/5 of their matches. With another win, they will almost be confirmed for the semi-final spot. South Africa have not played any game of the world cup 2023 in Chennai. Moroever, coming to Chennai from Mumbai (where South Africa played their last 2 games) won’t be easy. Mumbai had great batting strips, while Chennai has slower tracks so South Africa can struggle a little bit.

South Africa have won all of their games while defending. They bat first, pile-up a good score and put the opponents under pressure. Pakistan will be in two minds in this game. They are aware of the fact that South Africa have played only game in which they had to chase and they failed to do it against Netherlands. But Pakistan’s bowling was unable to defend against Afghanistan in their last game at Chennai, so they will be uncertain of what to do if they win the toss.

Looking at the current form, South Africa will be favorites to win this game.

Pakistan Expected Playing XI

Pakistan are likely to make one change. Fakhar Zaman can make his way into the Playing XI replacing Imam-ul-Haq. Moreover, there is a high chance of a surprise inclusion, speculated by many journalists of Pakistan. As per the reports, Mohammad Nawaz can get ruled out of the event due to injury, and Abrar Ahmed might replace him in the squad, and Abrar is likely to get included in the Playing XI as well, replacing Usama Mir. Hasan Ali has also been ruled out of tomorrow’s game due to fever.

Probable XI: 1 Fakhar Zaman, 2 Abdullah Shafique, 3 Babar Azam (C), 4 M Rizwan (WK), 5 Saud Shakeel, 6 Iftikhar Ahmed, 7 Shadab Khan, 8 Abrar Ahmed/Usama Mir, 9 Haris Rauf, Shaheen Shah Afridi, 11 Wasim Jnr

South Africa Expected Playing XI

South Africa are likely to bring in Tabraiz Shamsi because of the help for the spinners at Chennai, he is likely to replace Lizaad Williams. If Bavuma is fit, he will be back to lead the side replacing Reeza Hendricks.

Probable Lineup:  1 Temba Bavuma (C), 2 Quinton de Kock (wk), 3 Rassie van der Dussen, 4 Aiden Markram, 5 Heinrich Klaasen, 6 David Miller, 7 Marco Jansen, 8 Keshav Maharaj, 9 Tabraiz Shamsi, 10 Kagiso Rabada, 11 Lungi Ngidi

Pakistan vs South Africa Head to Head Record

Both sides have squared-off three times in World Cup history. South Africa leads the rivalry with 3 wins while Pakistan has won the remaining 2. Overall in ODI cricket, South Africa is way ahead in the Head to Head record. They have beaten Pakistan 51 times in ODI cricket, while Pakistan have ran over them only 30 times. 1 game ended as no result between the two sides.

Players to Watch-Out For

In Pakistan’s last game, Skipper Babar and Abdullah scored fifties but played too many dot balls. All eyes will be on these 2 that whether they can score some impactful runs or not. Moreover, Iftikhar Ahmed and Shadab Khan also played great knocks. Their strike rate was good and they two gave Pakistan a good finish. Pakistan will have to make sure that they bat with a little better intent and play lesser dot balls.

The bowling of Pakistan will have to step up. None of their bowlers have looked threatening at all. They need to lift up their performances with the ball otherwise it will be too late for them. Shadab Khan will have a lot of eyes on him to take some wickets in Chennai at-least.

Heinrich Klaasen has scored 288 runs in world cup 2023 averaging 57 with a strike rate of 150. He is someone to be afraid of for Pakistan. Although the track will be on the slower side, but the poor form of Pakistani bowling might give Klaasen some assistance to score big again. Quinton De Kock is also a threatening batter. With 3 centuries in this event, De Kock is already the top run getter of the event. If Pakistan don’t get him out early it will be curtains for them.

South Africa vs Pakistan Toss Prediction

The Toss is likely to go South Africa’s way and they will opt to bat first.

Pakistan vs South Africa Match Prediction

South Africa will have 60% chance to win while Pakistan will have a 40% chance in this game.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *