Australia vs New Zealand Preview | World Cup 2023

Australia vs New Zealand Preview

The 27th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 will be between two of the strongest sides of the event. Australia will meet New Zealand in Dharamsala. The Match happens on 28th October 2023. Following is the Australia vs New Zealand Preview of Match 27 of the World Cup 2023.

Australia vs New Zealand Match Preview

Australia right now is placed at the 4th spot of the points table. Aussies have won 3 out of 5 matches of their world cup campaign so far. They need this win to further increase their chances of going into the next round.

The Kiwis have suffered only one defeat in their 5 games. It came against the Hosts India. New Zealand have got all the areas covered but their momentum is shaky. They have lost their last game to India. Meanwhile, the Kangaroos have won 3 straight games. Their last win against Netherlands was the biggest win of the World Cup history in terms of runs remaining.

The Pitch at Dharamsala is expected to get slow as it gets old. So their will surely be assistance for the spinners during the latter half of the match. The Kiwi spinners are also in good nick but Australia’s Adam Zampa has taken 4 or more wickets thrice in the last 3 games. So if Zampa gets assistance, it could become very tough for the Kiwi batters.

Both sides will have equal chances of winning this game.

Australia Expected Playing XI

Travis Head is likely to make a comeback finally. Marnus Labuschagne will have to make way for him. If Stoinis is fit, he will play replacing Cameron Green.

Probable XI: 1 David Warner, 2 Travis Head, 3 Mitchell Marsh, 4 Steve Smith, 5 Josh Inglis (wk), 6 Glenn Maxwell, 7 Marcus Stoinis/Cameron Green, 8 Pat Cummins (C), 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

New Zealand Expected Playing XI

New Zealand can take a leap of faith with Neesham and they can leave out Mark Chapman.

Probable Lineup:  1 Devon Conway, 2 Will Young, 3 Rachin Ravindra, 4 Tom Latham (C & wk), 5 Daryl Mitchell, 6 Glenn Phillips, 7 Mark Chapman/James Neesham, 8 Mitchell Santner, 9 Matt Henry, 10 Lockie Ferguson, 11 Trent Boult

Australia vs New Zealand Head to Head Record

Australia has dominated the rivalry in World Cup matches. Out of 11 games, 8 have gone Australia’s way while New Zealand has only managed to win just 3. Overall, Australia has defeated the Kiwis 95 times in ODI cricket, while the Kiwis have won just 39.

Players to Watch-Out For

In Australia’s latest win against the Dutch, Glenn Maxwell scored the fastest hundred of World Cup history. Well, the bowling here is tough, but still Maxwell has got the rhythm that he needed. Moreover, Warner scored his second hundred of the tournament against Netherlands, so he is someone to be watchful of.

Adam Zampa has taken 13 wickets so far in this world cup. He is the top wicket-taker and has taken 3 4+ wicket hauls in the last 3 games. His rhythm can ruin any team’s plan.

For the Kiwis, Daryl Mitchell scored a big hundred against India. Mitchell can continue his good rhythm as scoring against India can boost his confidence. Rachin Ravindra has also shown good performances with the bat consistently. These 2 batters will be someone to watch-out for.

Mitchell Santner’s accuracy can hurt Australia. Santner has been very good with the ball in this World Cup. He will be very crucial in order to apply brakes to the Australian run scoring machines. Moreover, the pace trio of Boult-Henry-Ferguson have also been very good in this tournament. They don’t let you get away so easily so the Kangaroos must come prepared.

Australia vs New Zealand Toss Prediction

Australia have better chances of winning this game. 60% chances lie with the Aussies while the Kiwis have a 40% chance.

Australia vs New Zealand Match Prediction

Australia is likely to win the toss and they will opt to bat first.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *