New Zealand vs Netherlands Preview | World Cup 2023

New Zealand vs Netherlands Preview

The favorites and the underdogs clash in the 6th Game of ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. New Zealand meet Netherlands at Hyderabad on 9th October 2023. Both sides have played one game already in the tournament, and Netherlands interestingly played their first game at Hyderabad too. Following is the New Zealand vs Netherlands preview of today match at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023.

New Zealand vs Netherlands Today Match Preview

New Zealand announced themselves in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 in grand style. They defeated the defending champions England by 9 wickets and with more than 13 overs to spare. This win was so giant that New Zealand still are at the top of the points table despite 4 other teams having the same points.

Netherlands fought well in their opening game against Pakistan but they lacked in their batting. Although they were good with the bat in patches too, but they lacked that dominating element which is necessary in Mega Events.

The pitch at Hyderabad has played well for both departments so far. Although it mainly supports the batter but there is enough grip and turn for the spinners, if they hit the right areas. New Zealand will begin this game as favorites as they have got great confidence and their batting unit is superior to the Dutch’s.

New Zealand Expected Playing XI

New Zealand would look to retain the same playing XI. They can include Lockie Ferguson if he is fit, the rest looks good for them.

Probable Playing XI: Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (C), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Tim Southee/Lockie Ferguson, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, and Trent Boult.

Netherlands Expected Playing XI

The Dutch can add Wesley Barresi in the mix to strengthen their batting line.

Probable Playing XI: Vikramjit Singh, Max O’Dowd, Colin Ackermann, Scott Edwards (C), Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Saqib Zulfiqar, Roelof van der Merwe, Aryan Dutt, Paul van Meekeren and Ryan Klein.

New Zealand vs Netherlands Head to Head Record

Both sides have faced each other 4 times in ODI cricket history (once in world cups). New Zealand have won all these encounters.

Players to Watch-Out for

New Zealand’s opening pair of Devon Conway and Rachin Ravindra will be the must watch players. They both registered a 3rd wicket partnership of 273 runs. Both batsmen scored daddy-hundreds on their world cup debut, and if the Dutch want to miraculously beat New Zealand, they will have to dismiss the Kiwi openers early. With the ball, Matt Henry was outstanding for New Zealand with the new ball. Him bowling at good channel will be troubling for the Dutch.

For Netherlands, their strength lies in their good bowling. They utilize the new ball nicely. Logan Van Beek and Aryan Dutt are quite disciplined bowlers. Then, they have Bas de Leede who is a phenomenal all-rounder. He took 4 wickets in the game against Pakistan and also scored 67 with the bat. So Bas de Leede would be someone to watch-out for in the Dutch Squad. Moreover, Vikramjit Singh showed great confidence against Pakistan’s good new ball attack. Vikramjit Singh’s game awareness is remarkable.

New Zealand vs Netherlands Toss Prediction

New Zealand is likely to win the toss and they will decide to bat first at this track.

New Zealand vs Netherlands Match Prediction

New Zealand will have 70% chance to win this game while a 30% chance remains with the Dutch to create an upset.

About Ehsan Muhammad Khan

A cricket enthusiast who is keenly following cricket since years and now transforming his passion for the game by analyzing events taking place on the cricket field.

View all posts by Ehsan Muhammad Khan →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *