South Africa vs Netherlands Preview | World Cup 2023

South Africa vs Netherlands Preview

The 15th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 will be played between Netherlands and South Africa at Dharamsala. The game will be played on 17th October 2023. Netherlands are yet to open their account on the points table, while South Africa are currently at the 3rd spot and if they win tomorrow, they have a great chance of going to the top of the table. Following is the South Africa vs Netherlands Preview of World Cup game 15th.

South Africa vs Netherlands today Match Preview

South Africa have got a score to settle. They have got a brilliant start in this year’s world cup and they have not lost any game. They started off as the favorites in world T20 2022 as well but Netherlands was the one team, who gave a surprising defeat to the Proteas and that defeat led to South Africa getting knocked out from the event.

South Africa, with 2/2 dominating wins, should seal the deal easily in this clash as well. However, the only edge Netherlands have in this game is psychological. They will have the fact in mind that they were able to upset South Africa in World T20 2022, and they surely can do it this time as well.

The previous game at Dharamsala saw England piling up 364 against Bangladesh and Bangladesh also scoring 227. So going by the record, if a pitch has more than 500 runs scored on it in the last game, it definitely does support the batters a little bit.

Moreover, rain is forecasted in Dharamsala tomorrow so the pacers might have some advantage of the overcast conditions. South Africa will start this game as favorites, but toss will be very crucial here. The Proteas have a history of getting screwed by the DL method, so they better keep that fact in mind.

South Africa Expected Playing XI

Dharamsala isn’t likely to be much supportive for the spinners. So South Africa might go with one spinner and bring back Gerald Coetzee.

(Probable XI): 1 Quinton de Kock (wk), 2 Temba Bavuma (C), 3 Rassie van der Dussen, 4 Aiden Markram, 5 David Miller, 6 Heinrich Klaasen, 7 Marco Jansen, 8 Kagiso Rabada, 9 Keshav Maharaj, 10 Lungi Ngidi, 11 Gerald Coetzee

Netherlands Expected Playing XI

Netherlands have shown potential. They need a little more effort and consistency and they might get the job done once again against South Africa. Too many changes can disturb their team balance so they should retain the same combination as last game.

(Probable XI): 1 Vikramjit Singh, 2 Max O’Dowd, 3 Colin Ackermann, 4 Bas de Leede, 5 Teja Nidamanuru, 6 Scott Edwards (C & wk), 7 Sybrand Engelbrecht, 8 Roelof van der Merwe, 9 Logan van Beek/Ryan Klein, 10 Aryan Dutt, 11 Paul van Meekeren

South Africa vs Netherlands Head to Head Record

Both teams have faced off thrice in world cup history and all 3 games have gone South Africa’s way. Overall, both sides have met 7 times in ODI history with 6 games going South Africa’s way and one game ending as No Result.

Players to Watch Out For

Quinton de Kock and Aiden Markram are two of the most dangerous and in-form batters of South Africa. de Kock already has 209 runs in 2 innings and he is looking to make his last world cup special. Markram has 162 runs under his belt already and he is the record holder for the fastest World Cup hundred now, so the Dutch better be aware of this threat.

South Africa’s pace trio of Jansen-Rabada-Ngidi has done really well collectively. They have been picking up wickets and as a trio, this pace attack is accurate, furious and deadly.

For the Dutch, Bas de Leede and Paul van Meekren hold key. Both the pacers have shown some spark in the event and definitely possess the capability to bowl well. With supportive conditions, they need to bowl well up-front in order to trouble the proteas.

Toss Australia vs Sri Lanka

Netherlands is likely to win the toss and they will opt to bowl first.

South Africa vs Netherlands Win Predictor

South Africa have 80% chance of winning this game while Netherlands has 20% chance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *