Pakistan vs Bangladesh Match Preview | World Cup 2023

Pakistan vs Bangladesh Match Preview

The 31st Match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 will be played between Pakistan and Bangladesh at Kolkata. The Match is on 31st October 2023. It is a must-win game for Pakistan in order to stay alive for the semi-final race. Following is the Pakistan vs Bangladesh Match Preview of the ICC World Cup 2023.

Pakistan vs Bangladesh Today Match Preview

Pakistan is at 6th spot in the points table with 2 wins out of their 6 games. This is a must-win match for them. If they lose, their dream of going into the next round will be shattered.

Bangladesh is already out of the race of the semi-finals. They need to win in order to qualify for the Champions Trophy 2025. If they lose, their chances of finishing in the top 8 will get thin which will result in not qualifying for the Champions Trophy 2025.

Bangladesh have played at Eden Gardens against the Netherlands. They suffered an embarrassing 87-run defeat here but they are well aware of the conditions now. Pakistan on the other hand will be playing their first game here.

The track at Kolkata was slightly on the slower side. If bowlers bowl in the right areas, especially spinners, then it can be challenging for the batters. Pakistan will start this game as favorites to win.

Pakistan vs Bangladesh World Cup 2023 Playing XI

Pakistan expected Playing XI

Pakistan is likely to make three changes. Fakhar Zaman will come in for Imam-ul-Haq, Hasan Ali is likely to come in and replace Wasim Jnr while Usama Mir or Agha Salman will be in the playing XI ahead of Mohammad Nawaz.

Expected Lineup: Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam (C), M Rizwan, Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Agha Salman/Usama Mir, Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali and Haris Rauf.

Bangladesh expected Playing XI

Bangladesh is likely to feature the same XI.

Probable Lineup: Tanzid Hasan, Litton Das, Najmul Hussain Shanto, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib-al-Hasan, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mahedi Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam and Mustafizur Rahman.

Pakistan vs Bangladesh Head to Head Record

Both sides have clashed only twice in World Cup history and have one win each. Overall in ODI cricket, 38 games have been played between these two sides with 33 going Pakistan’s way and 5 going Bangladesh’s way.

Players to watch-out for

For Pakistan, their key players remain Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan. Babar has got a couple of half-centuries in the event now but he hasn’t been able to convert it to big ones. He really needs to score big now. Mohammad Rizwan is in good rhythm already and he needs to take responsibility and lead the charge with the bat. Shadab Khan and Iftikhar Ahmed are also in good batting form.

Pakistan’s concern remains their bowling. Usama Mir was a positive for them in the last game. His place is uncertain but he should play as he is a genuine wicket-taking option.

Mahmudullah Riyad and Mehidy Hasan Miraz have been the two positive signs for Bangladesh in this event. Mahmudullah has got good runs under his belt but he bats way down the order. Mehidy Hasan Miraz also shows good commitment with both bat and ball. These two will be the stars to watch-out for from the Bangladesh camp.

Pakistan vs Bangladesh Match Prediction

Pakistan are favorites with 60% chance to win while Bangladesh has a 40% chance.

Bangladesh vs Pakistan Toss Prediction

The toss is likely to go Pakistan’s way and they will opt to bowl first.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *