Bangladesh vs New Zealand Today Match | World Cup 2023

Bangladesh vs New Zealand Today Match

The 11th match of the ICC cricket world cup 2023 will be played between New Zealand and Bangladesh at Chennai. Both sides have a fairly good chance of winning this game. Bangladesh have won one and lost one so far in the event. The Kiwis have won 2/2 of their games and are yet undefeated in the tournament. Following is the preview of New Zealand vs Bangladesh today match in the ICC world cup 2023.

Bangladesh vs New Zealand Today Match Preview

New Zealand are the hot favorites of this year’s world cup. They defeated England and Netherlands quite comprehensively in their first two games. For this game, New Zealand have got the services of Kane Williamson as well so their lineup has become much better now.

Bangladesh on the other hand have bowled well in this event, but their batting has lacked a little. Even in the chase against Afghanistan their openers didn’t do much and the entire batting failed against England.

Keeping the conditions of Chennai in mind, toss will be very crucial. Bowling first is a good option at Chennai, as we saw in the first game as well between India and Australia. In day time, it is easier to grip the ball and at night or in the second half of the game, dew really becomes a hurdle in the way of the bowling side.

Both sides have got good spinners. New Zealand will surely bring in Sodhi and they already have Santner who has taken a fifer in the event. Bangladesh also have Shakib, Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Mahedi Hasan. Mahedi took a 4 wicket haul against England so the spin attack looks strong.

This game will be a close one, but Kiwis will begin as favorites based on their recent form.

Bangladesh expected Playing XI

Bangladesh are likely to go with the same lineup.

(Probable XI): 1 Tanzid Hasan, 2 Litton Das, 3 Najmul Hossain Shanto, 4 Shakib Al Hasan (C), 5 Towhid Hridoy, 6 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 7 Mehidy Hasan, 8 Mahedi Hasan, 9 Taskin Ahmed, 10 Shoriful Islam, 11 Mustafizur Rahman

New Zealand expected Playing XI

New Zealand have Kane Williamson in their unit for this game and he will lead the side as well. Moreover, keeping the tracks of Chennai in mind, Ish Sodhi is a must. Sodhi can come in for Ferguson. Meanwhile Kane is likely to replace Daryl Mitchell.

(Probable Lineup): 1 Devon Conway, 2 Will Young, 3 Kane Williamson (C), 4 Rachin Ravindra, 5 Tom Latham (wk), 6 Mark Chapman, 7 Glenn Phillips, 8 Mitchell Santner, 9 Matt Henry, 10 Lockie Ferguson/Ish Sodhi, 11 Trent Boult

New Zealand vs Bangladesh Head to Head Record

Bangladesh have never defeated New Zealand in world cup history. Both sides have met 5 times in world cup with New Zealand winning all 5 games. Overall, both sides have played 40 ODI matches with New Zealand winning 30, Bangladesh winning 10 and one game ending as No Result.

Players to watch-out for

Half centuries by Litton Das and Mushfiqur Rahim were good signs for Bangladeshi batting in the last game against England. These two will be once again Key for Bangladesh. Mahedi Hasan took 4 wickets against England and bowled well. He along with Shoriful Islam will have to continue their good form with the ball.

New Zealand’s strongest point remains their batting. Rachin, Latham, Conway, Young everyone have been in great form and now with the addition of Kane Williamson, this lineup becomes even more stronger. With the ball, Mitchell Santner can do well. He took a fifer in the last game against Netherlands, and now on a spinning Chennai track, things are more suitable for him.

New Zealand vs Bangladesh Toss Prediction

New Zealand is likely to win the toss and they will choose to bowl first.

New Zealand vs Bangladesh Match Prediction

New Zealand will begin this game as favorites with 65% chance of winning, while 35% chance lies with Bangladesh.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *