Indian Premier League 2022 round matches are over and four team have qualified for IPL Playoff matches. Three teams out of the four teas have qualified easily whereas Royal Challengers Bangalore had to wait for the Mumbai Indians win in their last round match.
All IPL Playoff Teams
As per the IPL Playoff format top 4 teams should qualify IPL Playoff round.
IPL Playoff Teams List
- Gujarat Titans tops the chart with 20 points
- Rajasthan Royals have 18 points but secured 2nd position to higher run rate.
- Lucknow Super Giants with 18 points stood third.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore secured 4th spot with 16 points.
How Does IPL Play Off Works?
Indian Premier League format for playoff is designed in a way that all top teams can get equal chance to qualify for the finals and not like semi finals that one bad day at office can ruin the entire hard world put in throughout the tournament.
Indian Premier League Playoff Rules
- Top 2 teams will play Qualifier 1 and winner will go through to Final.
- 3rd & 4th ranked team will play eliminator and loser will get out of the tournament whereas winner will qualify for second qualifier.
- Loser of 1st Qualifier and winner of Eliminator will play each other in qualifier 2 and winner will qualify for the finals.
- Winner of Qualifier 1 and Qualify 2 will play each other in Final of the IPL.
IPL Playoff Schedule 2022
IPL playoff fixtures will be take place in Kolkata and Ahmedabad. Ahmedabad will also host the final of IPL 2022 edition. BCCI has allowed 100% crowd attendance for the IPL play offs and also for the final of 2022 IPL edition.
- 24th May, 2022
- Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals
- 7:30 PM Tue, (Kolkata)
- 25th May, 2022
- Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- 7:30 PM Wed, (Kolkata)
- 27th May, 2022
- Loser of Qualifier 1 vs Winner of Eliminator
- 7:30 PM Fri, (Ahmedabad)
- 29th May, 2022
- Winner of Qualifier 1 vs Winner Qualifier 2
- 8 PM Sun, (Ahmedabad)