Australia vs Netherlands Preview | World Cup 2023

Australia vs Netherlands Preview

In the 24th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, Australia and Netherlands will face off at Delhi. The match happens on 25th October 2023. Both teams will play their 5th game of the event. Australia is at 4th in the Points Table while the Netherlands lags behind at 8th. Following is the Australia vs Netherlands preview of the World Cup 2023.

Australia vs Netherlands Match Preview

Australia cannot afford an upset here. They have to continue their winning run. Australia has defeated Pakistan and Sri Lanka previously. With 2 wins and 2 defeats so far, they need to continue winning spree in order to increase their qualification chances, and they have to make sure to win it by a big margin so their net run-rate increases.

The Netherlands so far have just one win and that was a big one. They defeated the hot favorites South Africa with ease. The Netherlands have 1 win out of their 4 games, but if they keep on upsetting teams in the upcoming matches, they can also be in the race for the semi-finals.

The Pitch at Delhi supports the batters. Batting first is a good choice here, so the toss will play a key role. Australia has a more consistent and stable lineup. They will probably start as favorites in this game, but the Dutch do have a chance to create an upset.

Australia Expected Playing XI

Travis Head was seen training and he is likely to return in this game. Head, if returns, will most probably open the innings and one between Smith and Marnus would be left out.

 (Probable XI): 1 David Warner, 2 Travis Head, 3 Mitchell Marsh, 4 Steven Smith/Marnus Labuschagne, 5 Josh Inglis (wk), 6 Glenn Maxwell, 7 Marcus Stoinis, 8 Pat Cummins (C), 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Adam Zampa

Netherlands Expected Playing XI

The Netherlands are unlikely to make a change.

(Probable Lineup): 1 Vikramjit Singh, 2 Max O’Dowd, 3 Colin Ackermann, 4 Bas de Leede, 5 Teja Nidamanuru, 6 Scott Edwards (C & wk), 7 Sybrand Engelbrecht, 8 Roelof van der Merwe, 9 Logan van Beek, 10 Aryan Dutt, 11 Paul van Meekeren

Australia vs Netherlands Head to Head Record

Both sides have previously met only twice in World Cup history with Australia winning on both occasions. They have never played an ODI outside the World Cup.

Players to Watch Out For

David Warner and Mitchell Marsh destroyed Pakistan’s bowling attack in the previous game. They both will be under the spotlight once again. The Dutch bowling attack cannot be taken lightly and it would be interesting to see how Warner and Marsh bat in this game. Travis Head will also have the spotlight on him. If he plays, it would be interesting to see how he comes back after the injury and his bowling advantage will also be crucial for Australia.

For the Dutch, Bas de Leede has been very good. In his last 9 ODIs, he averages 46.25 with the bat with a strike rate of 99. He also has taken 19 wickets in last 9 ODIs so he is indeed a complete package. Logan van Beek is also in good rhythm with the ball. Other players like Scott Edwards, Sybrand Engelbrecht, and Aryan Dutt have also played good cricket and have delivered in patches. If all of them function well as a unit, the Netherlands can create another upset.

Australia vs Netherlands Toss Prediction

The Toss is likely to go Netherlands way and they will opt to bat first.

Netherlands vs Australia Win Prediction

Australia will begin as favorites with a 70 percent chance of winning this but the Netherlands will still have a 30 percent chance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *